POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Transform help please : Re: Transform help please Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transform help please
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 29 Aug 2003 21:39:16
Message: <3f500044@news.povray.org>

Alf Peake wrote:
> Basicly, making a polyhedron with thick faces. Well, OK, a buckyball.

Why not just define a solid model (centred at the origin) and subtract a
smaller from a bigger?

Hm, my http://www.ogre.nu/source/platon.inc has most of what you'd need
for that;

#declare Soccer = intersection {
	#declare i=0;
	#while (i<6)
		plane { SixAxes[i], RP }
		plane { -SixAxes[i], RP }
		#declare i = i+1;
	#end//while
	#declare i=0;
	#while (i<10)
		plane { TenAxes[i], RH }
		plane { -TenAxes[i], RH }
		#declare i = i+1;
	#end//while
	}

difference { object {Soccer} object {Soccer scale 0.95} }

...I just don't know the appropriate ratio between RP and RH
(though I suppose I could derive it).

...On another hand, this sort of transform may be just what I'd need for
an idea that has kicked around in back of my mind: a gothic Fuller dome.

--
Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/